It's official - you’re engaged! Congratulations! This is an incredibly exciting time for you and your partner, and I’m sure you’re already daydreaming about what your big day will look like. But if you’re anything like my other engaged couples, you might be wondering ‘now what?
From small, intimate ceremonies to bigger, more lavish affairs, I know how to make the planning process as smooth and stress-free as possible. Here are my top tips for getting started on your wedding planning journey.
1. Set a budget. Before you do anything else, it’s important to decide
how much you’re willing to spend on your wedding. This will help you narrow down your choices and ensure that you’re making decisions that are within your means.
2. Create a timeline. Establishing a timeline will help keep you on track and make sure that you don’t miss any important deadlines. Start by setting the date and then work backwards, assigning tasks to each month.
3. Pick your wedding party. This is a fun part of the planning process!
Figure out who you’d like to have stand alongside you on your big day.
4. Start researching venues. I always suggest that couples start looking at venues as soon as possible. You don’t have to book anything right away, but it’s a good idea to get a feel for what’s out there.
5. Meet with wedding professionals. From photographers to florists, there are a lot of vendors that you’ll need to hire for your wedding. It’s a good idea to start meeting with them and getting a better understanding of their services.
Planning a wedding can seem overwhelming at first, but it doesn’t have to be! With these tips, you’ll be off to a good start. And if you ever need help along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out! Congratulations again on your engagement!